|This page illustrates the organization of Jewels by Stacy Appraisals
(this site) by presenting it in outline form. All references
to pages on this site are hyper-linked, so you can easily use this page
to navigate to the specific information you want to find on this site.
Home Page - This is the top level page of this site
- Appraisal Information - This page provides some general
information about appraisals performed by Jewels by Stacy Appraisals. Below it are
several pages containing more detailed appraisal information.
- About Appraisal - This page describes the function
of an appraisal for the layman. Many people are surprised to discover that the
function of an appraisal is not simply to answer the question "What is it
- Appraisal Fees - This will help you
estimate what your appraisal will cost.
- Preparing For Your Appraisal - What should you do before
you see the appraiser? What should you bring to an appraisal appointment? How
can you save money by reducing the time an appraiser will need to work on your appraisal?
These questions are answered here.
- Jewelry Information - This page provides a variety of
information about jewelry including: jewelry care, jewelry storage, jewelry cleaning, etc.
- Jewelry Cleaning - This page contains a wealth of
detailed information on cleaning jewelry. What is appropriate for one type of
jewelry could ruin another type. Check out this page for tips on cleaning all your
- Gem Care Chart - This chart contains further tips on
caring for most of the precious stones and materials used in fine jewelry.
- Watches - This page provides a glossary of watch related
- Gemological Information - What are gemstones? How
are they described and graded? Look here for some of the answers.
- Diamonds - This page describes the "four C's"
of diamond grading.
- Gemstones - This page will describes colored stone
- Pearls - This page contains a wealth of information about
pearls and how they are graded.
- Consumer Information - Most of
the information on this page is about jewelry rip-offs.
- Frequently Asked Questions - This page will answer
most of my frequently asked questions.
- Litigation Support - A few words
about forensic gemology and expert witness testimony.
- Courses and Seminars - This page provides
information about upcoming appraisal courses
- Find an Appraiser - Link to the ASA
Web page where you can search for a qualified appraiser in your area.
- Links We Like - Links to other valuable information
sources regarding jewelry and appraisal.
- Photo Galleries - Photos I want to
- News & Fun Stuff - This page includes
magazine & newspaper articles to which Nancy Stacy has contributed and other
items of interest.
- ASA Newsletters - Newsletters Nancy
Stacy has written for American Society of Aappraisers International Gems &
Jewelry and the NorCal chapter of ASA.
- Bottom Line Wealth December
2008 - Article entitled "How to Sell Unneeded Jewelry For the Best
- All About Appraisal - This is
the June 6, 2008 cover story of the Rapaport Diamond Report for which Nancy
Stacy was interviewed and in which she was extensively quoted.
- Birthstone Almanac - Do you think
you only have one birthstone? Think again.
- Going "Hollywood" - I get
to advise the scriptwriter of a Law & Order episode
- Site Map - This is the page you are looking at